Marriage Skills Class
Begins Thursday, April 5
Marriage is hard, and couples often find it difficult to connect. The Marriage Skills Class helps spouses learn how to empathize with each other and meet each other’s emotional needs, which results in deeper intimacy and flourishing marriages.
This class is comprised of a two-hour overview session, three small group gatherings (you choose which night — Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday — is best for you) and an intensive all-day retreat. This class requires regular time for you and your spouse to work through assignments and activities together. If you cannot be there for the all-day retreat, please wait until the next class offering.
This course is ideal to take together with other couples from your small group or neighborhood. Past participants are encouraged to take it again, as well.
Here are the dates for the next Marriage Skills course:
- OVERVIEW: Thursday, April 5, 6:30-9 p.m. at Beggars' Gate
- TUESDAY SMALL GROUPS: April 10, 17 and 24 | Location TBD
- WEDNESDAY SMALL GROUPS: April 11, 18 and 25 | Location TBD
- THURSDAY SMALL GROUPS: April 12, 19 and 26 | Location TBD
- ALL-DAY SKILLS RETREAT: Saturday, April 21, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. at Beggar's Gate Church. If you can't make it to the all-day retreat, you are strongly encouraged to sign up for the next course offering.
- COST: The maximum number of attendants is 22 couples. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Cost is $55 per couple, $15 for refresher couples; covers breakfast and lunch at the retreat and all course materials. Childcare is not provided.
- REGISTRATION: Email Perry Paulding at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, spouse's name, both of your phone numbers and email addresses, and preference for small group night.