Love Like Jesus, Houston Edition
Houston, Texas, has been devastated by the flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey. From September 5 through September 16, Serve 6.8 is coordinating a disaster relief donations drive to help the people of Houston. The lists of items they need are below. Bring your donations to Summitview on the Sunday mornings of September 3, 10 or 17, and we will transfer your donations to Serve 6.8's office. You can also take your donations directly to them (click here for drop-off details). You can also serve at the drop-off center or give financially. For more details, go to serve68.org.
- Trash bags: 45 gallon contractor bags (3mil thick)
- Regular sponges
- Green scouring pads
- Clorox/Lysol wipes (75-count)
- Scrub brushes (standard scrub brush used for cleaning)
- 16-ounce or 32-ounce bottles of bleach
- 6-ounce disinfectant dish soap (e.g., Dawn, Ajax)
- HandiWipes (reusable wipes)
- Work gloves – rubber palms (sizes L or XL)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Hygiene kits (travel shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- New undergarments (men’s, women’s, and children)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Feminine products
- Towels (shower towels, hand towels, and face towels)
- Ziplock bags (quart or gallon)
- Individually wrapped snacks
At Summitview, we believe it is part of our Christian duty to help meet the physical needs of those within our church family, as well as those from the greater Fort Collins community (Matthew 25:35-36, James 2:15-16, 1 John 3:16-18). One of the primary ways we do this is through our Benevolence ministry.
Summitview’s Benevolence ministry is managed by our deacons. The work of meeting the physical needs of those in our community happens through our Care Groups. These multi-demographic groups consist of Summitviewers who have made themselves available to serve others in a specific ways, including childcare, meal delivery, job and financial coaching, and transportation assistance.
If you would like to join a Care Group, click the button below. If you don’t have an inFellowship account, you’ll have to create one before you can join a Care Group. You can join up to two Care Groups. If you have any questions about the Care Group sign-up process, or need to talk to one of our deacons, send them an email at email@example.com.
Sign Up for a Care Group